It is time to announce the details for the new batch of reps needed for the JTG. This helps you to get involved in the specialty and ticks the dedication to specialty box on your CV. Hopefully you will also help and inspire others to join OMFS too. You have a bit of time to think about undertaking a role, but for clarity here is the timeline of the election period:
- 24thSeptember 2018- Applications open
- 1stOctober 2018 - Applications close
- 1stOctober 2018 - Positions announced
- 2ndOctober 2018 - New reps start their tenure
Single or dually qualified maxillofacial enthusiast, in either a training post or during their second degree. Must be below registrar (ST3) level.
TERM OF OFFICE
October 2nd– July 31st
- First point of call for advice for those interested in OMFS who have finished one degree and are in the same deanery.
- Offer to meet in person/discus over telephone for this.
- Put in touch with relevant consultants/medical staffing for those in second degree trying to get work within OMFS units.
- Refer to JTG foundation/core rep if unsure.
- Run at least one regional event per year to promote the specialty to students/doctors/dentists with talks from StRs, consultants, medical/dental school Deans etc.
- Assist the committee to disseminate advertising of the conference at regional training days, local medical or dental schools and within their department/hospitals to get as many delegates as possible to attend the conference.
- Limited to one per deanery
- Provide biannual report on your progress
LIST OF DEANERIES/LETBS
- Northern Ireland
- North East
- North West
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- East Midlands
- West Midlands
- East of England
- Thames Valley
- South West
- Kent, Surrey and Sussex
How to apply
Please write a short bio of your background and why you would be suitable for the job. This will be made public and will be what JTG members will use to decide whom to vote for should there be more than one applicant per region. Feel free to include a photograph if you wish.